Monday, December 31, 2007

Days are better when you start them like this. Gina, Erin, and I braved the mornings winter chill to walk at my favorite park. Though it sits just off of the freeway, it feels like it's part of a wild wilderness. We walked for 45 minutes and the sun rose. It was chilly, but not too cold when we weren't walking into the wind. It was quiet and beautiful. It was hard to drag my butt out of my warm bed, but once I was up I felt great. I'm not sure why I deprived myself of doing this for so long!?!

4 comments:

R said...

I love walking in the morning, too. It feels right, somehow.

aola said...

That's just Crazy talk... cold winter mornings you'll find me curled up on the sofa with a cup of coffee.

Kristen said...

Mmmmmm, sounds nice.

Sandra said...

You may like it A! You never know! :)
This morning it was so beautiful! There were ducks sleeping on the little ponds and large white birds that I can't remember the names of.