Friday, December 26, 2008

Starting to care

Just saw the Christmas video of me looking mighty chubby. I can ignore that I feel big, but I can't ignore (now) that I look big. Guess I'm in need of some New Year's resolutions, but for now, I want to comfort myself by eating an entire bag of chocolates.

SIGH.

I need some sort of balance--actually eating healthy/well--without a) eating everything in sight or b) denying myself everything and spiraling into calorie-counting-obsessive hell. Sometimes I can't convince myself that I need nurturing until I remind myself that my daughter deserves a sane, healthy mother--but I need to find that nurturing somewhere besides chocolate chip cookie dough.

2 comments:

aola said...

I can't really comment on balance right now... I just ate half a box of dove chocolates.

I guess we just do the best we can do and try not to obsess over it too much.

It sure as hell doesn't help me any that my husband brings me home chocolates. I told him last week to not bring me home any more candy bars but for Christmas he gave me a whole goody basket filled with chocolates and mints and candles and cool stuff.

I think sometimes he wants to keep me fat but I guess he just wants to keep me happy :)

Sandra said...

Kristen!!!!!! I just saw a video of myself and didn't even recognize me! It's time for me to do something other than sit on the couch and eat chocolate feeling sorry for myself. This is just crazy!
I'm with you, I don't want to spiral into calorie counting insanity, but there has to be a way to monitor myself and not go crazy. I'm going to try to find something.
Aola, I so feel your pain. David loves to bring me caramelo's. They are my favorite. I have to tell him no more! I want to be some sort of healthy before they open up my heart. :)