Sunday, December 14, 2008

WEll..... I hate to do this, especially at this time of year, but it is the needful thing...

Sometime right after Thanksgiving I noticed that my jeans were a little harder to button than usual, so, I forced myself to get on the dreaded scale... I had gained 10 pounds!! Since then I have managed to lose 5 of that, but, that just isn't good enough. I need to get rid of the extra 5 so I can at least stay level (although I am still not happy about what "level" is for me).

I have been walking everyday and this week I doubled my distance. Tomorrow, as much as I hate it, I am going to start counting calories.

Other than the walking I haven't been doing much to stay healthy and probably won't do much more until after the holidays. I'm not going to lie to myself or you and say that I will be eating healthy this month :) but I do continue to take a gzillion supplements and vitamins and I do stay in good health. Mark and Em have just had one cold after another this season, so far I have not gotten sick (knock on wood).

But... come January I will be throwing out the leftover holiday goodies, cleaning out the pantry and starting fresh with what I know to be better eating habits.

So, ladies, what have you been doing to stay healthy and what are your plans to survive the holidays?

I need to make Levi promise to never, ever make another Italian Cream Cake and leave it at my house :)

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I've been doing absafreanklfutely nothing! I desperately need to start something. My back is in so much pain because my ab muscles are still so weak from the surgery and my jeans are a little tight too. I'm going to start walking every morning. David can watch the bundle of joy while I bundle up and walk. :)

Kristen said...

Been going to the gym three times a week and really trying to go "balls to the wall" while I'm there. It helps that my mom and dad and J are all there--they make me want to do well to show off. LOL

My dad and I spot each other on the bench and this week I benched 65 lbs. Which is a lot for me. :)

I walk with the little girl, but it's still not really enough. I tend to pig out a bit on favorites during the holidays, but I can pass by the other stuff. I count on gaining a little and not worrying about it--it will leave in the spring.

I'm still down to pre-preg weight though so I should probably care more.

Jeanne said...

I'm not doing anything either, but I'm hoping to get things going in January.