Friday, May 07, 2010

I am kind of having a hard time adjusting my diet to life-without-salty-snacks. I knew giving up the pretzels was going to be hard for me and it is. I crave the salty snacks.... a lot. I went down thru the cracker isle and looked at all the labels, Triscuits were one of the lowest sodium snacks I could find but they are high in calories so I have to really limit myself on how many I can have. It leaves me feeling unsatisfied. I know it will level out in time, I just have to push thru these first few days.
I took the diuretic for about two years and I think my body is having to re-adjust to not having it. I have been having some trouble with swelling in my ankles, not bad but noticeable to me.
Lots of changes for an old body like mine, once I get the salt intake down to where it should be and get used to the new medicine I'm hoping these symptoms will go away.
The burning mouth thing is all but gone!! Hallelujah!!! The itchy skin is still a problem though...maybe it is all in my mind... "it's all in your mind Mr. Tweety, it's all in your mind" said with my best British accent (Chicken Run)

I hope you don't mind my whining, it helps me to talk this out as I go

Thanks for being there

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that your burning mouth is so much better! What a horrible condition to have to suffer through.

I'll listen to your whine, you always listen to mine.

Sandra said...

You can do it!!!

You can whine any time you'd like. Lord knows you've listened to me enough.

Do you have a Wii? I've really found EA Sports Active to be a lot of fun, and it has a lot of visual motivators for the workout and a time line chart thing that is motivational to me. I like to see improvement daily and the scale doesn't always show that.

Kristen said...

WHINE to us! :) Lord knows we all do it!