Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year - here we go again....

One last feast and then I've got to get serious about my health again... geez, you would think I would learn, don't you?

I told you guys that I was having kidney trouble, right? Well, I stopped taking all my supplements for a couple of weeks, only taking cranberry concentrate and the kidneys cleared up - it took a little longer than it usually does, but, kidneys are feeling fine...

But,

My heart started doing what it was doing last year before we started on our Skinny journey. From everything I read it is angina, the kind that happens at rest, not after exhertion, which can usually be remedied by upping your magnesium intake.

I guess when I stopped taking my supplements it caused the issue with my heart. So,
I'm back on the calcium/magnesium/D, CoQ10, and NAC - now my heart seems to be leveling off once again. The only time it jacks up is when I have too much caffeine.
I've had to elminate over the counter sinus pills, most of the caffeine and all of the alcohol. A couple of nights ago I drank two white russians and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I had no idea that the alcohol would effect me that bad.

I am going to enjoy the party tomorrow night with no regrets (and no alchohol - which is no biggie).

But, come Monday I am going back on the straight and narrow....throw out the leftover party food and start clean.

I can think of no better time to start another exercise program. Seth needs me to do this, it helps him to stay on track too. He and Levi had a push-up contest tonight and Seth could only do 10 - what the heck?? He was doing 50 at a time with no problem before he quit martial arts.

So, I will get the whole family and the dogs involved in this and see if I can't get these health issues taken care of, once again.

What's your plan for the New Year?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm with you A! Tomorrow I'm thowing out anything that isn't on plan and Erin and I are going to go for a bike ride. I'm ready.

McMom said...

I am there too and am going to do a Detox plan that takes 11 days. I will hopefully do that next week. I am waiting for my hubby to get home so I can focus better. He is HOME Saturday!!!

Kristen said...

Sorry to hear about the angina, A.

When did Seth quit martial arts?

Things are good here. Had a great workout with Mom yesterday and upped my weights again. No PBJ, btw.