Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm finding it difficult to not fall back into the "diet trap". My sister-in-law is doing the Zone diet and working out like a mad woman to lose the last bit of her pregnancy weight. At 5'7 her goal is to weigh 135 or less. She won't hear that it isn't a healthy weight for her. She can't see past the flat tummy and tight ass she wants for herself. It's a fight i'm barely able to take on for myself. I can't fight it for her too. I hope that she'll learn to love her body for it's curves and shape and admire her long legs and athletic frame like I do.
I'm feeling sad and depressed lately and trying with all my strength not to turn to food. I think I'm just really tired of my job and stressing over the move. I'm ready to be over with it. It feels like I'm living in the middle of two lives this one is just about to end and a new one waits to start. Letting go of this one is going to be harder than I though and starting the new one more scary that I imagined.

5 comments:

aola said...

I'm sorry you are struggling.

May tomorrow be a better day for you.

R said...

Limbo sucks.

Kristen said...

Ditto on what Becky said!

Hang in there with your SIL.

Sandra said...

Thanks girls. I'm trying really hard not to be mellodramatic and to not seem to needy. I'm used to being the strong one with good advise that my friends turn to in their times of need. I'm not comfortable being the one who doesn't know up from down.

Kristen said...

Hoo boy, I feel that, girlfriend!