Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just thought I would check in...

I've noticed that my eating habits are getting better over the weeks that I've quit obsessing over food. I naturally pick good snacks, am eating less (most of the time) and feel better about myself in general. I don't have to beat myself up on a regular basis to keep me in line. How funny.

I've actually lost a pound or two but must be where I'm going to stay because the weight doesn't fluctuate much.

I'm not doing a regular exercise plan right now but spend a lot of time doing yard work. I feel the need to get back to a regular walking schedule but it has been hard with all the spring rains - not much fun trudging through mud.

I ordered two new pair of really nice (expensive for me)summer slacks and have gotten one of them, the natural colored linen - size 16 (which is a size smaller for me) and they fit beautifully.

My favorite snacks these days are:

cottage cheese w/flax seed
yogurt w/walnuts, fruit, granola, and soy protein
frozen cherries (they help reduce the uric acid in my system)

How are you doing on your journey to learn to love your self more?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Good news all around, Aola. :) The cherries sound good.

I was in a bathing suit this weekend at a work event and didn't care who saw me. :) All of the other ladies were too embarrassed to go swimming, except one, who went by herself later. I didn't complain about my body once.

I look at myself in the mirror and admire my womanly curves.

I am eating more veggies and fruits and yummy stuff. Weight is fairly normal. I've been able to walk and be outside more, but getting up to go to the gym can still be a struggle (especially this week with the period and all).

Sandra said...

Way to go A!
I feel much the same. I'm really trying not to label any food as "bad" and just remember to watch my portions and really try and listen to what my body is telling me. If it wants chocolate there is a reason! I'm still not able to feel truly 100% happy with my body, but I'll get there. I'm working out every day and enjoying it!