Monday, August 27, 2007

Recently one of the things that I felt like I needed to do was to eat less meat. I've never been a big meat eater, don't even really like it and like the idea of eating animals even less.
Not that I have completely gone vegetarian but I'm eating very little meat, but, being careful to make sure I get plenty of protein.
I just feel better when I don't eat meals heavy with lots of meat.
I guess, that is just what works for my system.

It's about that time of year to really gear up your vitamin supplement program - schools back in session, cold and flu season won't be far behind. I've ordered our first round of colloidal silver, colostrum, bromelain w/quercitin,and liquid whole foods vitamins. I ordered Levi a round of multi vitamins for men and CoQ10 for his heart. I'm sure I'll add more for us as the winter months drag on. The change of seasons is a good time to do a cleanse. I normally do a light cleanse in the fall since I've been eating lighter foods (more veggies and fruits) all summer.

So, what are you guys doing these days to stay healthy?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

The vitamins sound good. I could eat only carbs day in and day out for the rest of my life--so I have to make a special effort to eat protein. :)

I won a pedometer in a raffle at a local health lecture. I have been using that and really enjoying making goals for myself to get moving! Sometimes I get the bare minimum, and sometimes I am the "highly active" category.

My eating has been good. I'm not eating as much fast food now that I have time to cook. I'm not losing weight, but I'm steady and Jason says I look hot, so...must be doing something right.

My gym membership is up in October and I think I'm going to see if I can live without it. It is nice to have a place to workout when it rains 9 months out of the year though...hmmmm.

aola said...

I think you should keep your gym membership. When you do get pregnant, the exercising really helps with delivery.

I've been so slack in my exercise... shame on me. I've got to get back to walking!!!!

Sandra said...

We just got a bowflex from a friend and I'm really excited about starting a routine. Erin and I have been walking the dogs at night. We're looking forward to making it a routine.
Eating has been hit and miss. I've not really been in the "mood" to eat anything in particular and that usually means I just eat whatever.