Saturday, April 12, 2008

latest news????

I guess you have all heard or read that now "they" have decided that we don't really need to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Ooops.

I was reading an article today that made me happy in my heart about Resistant Starch. Have you read anything about it?

Supposedly certain starches (potatoes, grains, and beans) after they are cooked and cooled they create the resistant starch (the starch becomes crystallized) a form that resists digestion. You have to eat them cooled (not reheated) to get the benefits.
It works as a fiber, it increases your bodies ability to burn fat, fills you up and reduces hunger. You don't absorb the carbs because they are crystallized and you can't digest them.

The article said it had other health benefits too.

A half to one cup a day is all you need.

Here is the list of foods they had in the article:
Beans
Bananas
Potatoes and Yams
Barley
Brown rice
Corn

I had about a 1/2 cup of black beans and corn today.

Interesting, huh?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've kinda thought the 8 glasses of water a day was incorrect for a while now. Our bodies will let us know if they don't have enough water.

That is very interesting about the starches.

Kristen said...

Interesting...

Yeah, I heard about the H20...