Thursday, July 03, 2008

All By Myself

I get to spend three-and-a-half days at my home by myself this weekend. Jerry is going to Eastern WA to visit friends and family. I was going, but couldn't find a dog sitter. No biggee...I get to be home, by myself for a good portion of the time. I'm have big plans - caulk the bathtub, clean and organize the garage, tidy up and beautify the "pond", burn the weeds in the driveway, clean house, etc. No other opinions to consider. I'll only be missing muscles, but I can probably figure it out. I can eat what and when I want. I get the whole bed to myself.
Am I weird?
I may get to babysit Alysssa - which will be the highlight of the weekend for me, of course. I'm one of those goofy Grammas. I sure hope Kristen calls me.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Enjoy your weekend alone. :) I could use some alone time right about now. Everyone probably wishes they could leave me alone. I'm so moody when I have to pack!

aola said...

Weird?? Well, if you are so am I because I love it when Mark is gone. I always like it when he comes home but I sure enjoy the time by myself these days. For all the reasons you stated - the whole bed, you don't have to cook if you don't want to and you don't have to eat at a certain time and you just flat don't have to please anybody but yourself.

The week that Mark and Seth went to camp I only had to do laundry ONE time (as opposed to my usual two loads a day) and I only ran the diswasher once in the whole week!

so HOO RAY for ME time!!

Jeanne said...

Whoo hoo! I guess it doesn't take much to please us. Heh heh. By the way, I DO know how to spell the baby's name. I guesss I jussst got carried away with my sssssss!

Jeanne said...

It was great! If you want to read more you can check out my blog at genuinely jeanne. Kristen added the link. I got to babysit Stretch, too, so that was wonderful. We decided my 'gramma' name is GiGi (jee jee.) :0)