Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm still old and I'm still fat but I eat healthy. I laughed at myself today... and thought o my gawd I'm turning into my mother.

My Mother was a nutritionist for 35 years at a private school for children with disabilities so there were lots of diet restrictions and special diets.
I used to think she was weird because she didn't just cook and eat normal food, everything she ate was balanced and she only ate things that were good for her.

Today I had to wonder just how much "good" stuff you can put in one bowl of oatmeal when I fixed mine with a few raisins, a few walnuts, a spoonful of soy protein power (it works great Kristen), and organic sugar.
And when I had my afternoon snack of cottage cheese with flax seed and pineapple...

On Another Subject


Ok... I have something I want to ask you all but especially Erica (since she works in a restaurant).
Tonight we stopped and ate a light meal after karate class at one of the few nicer places in Ada where you actually sit down and get waited on.
When the waitress brought the check she handed it to Mark and for some reason it kind of ticked me off... I thought "what a sexist thing to do." Mark asked me what I thought she should have done. My response was that she should have laid it in the center of the table so who ever was paying the bill could pick it up.

Would it have bothered you? what do you think she should have done with the check?
And Erica, do you automatically hand the check to the man?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I've only waiters who put it in the center of the table.

Glad that protein powder worked!

R said...

The oatmeal sounds yummy.

E. Michelle said...

I usually wait til the checked is asked for and then give it to the person who asked. Sometimes I put it in the middle if i need to drop it off and they haven't asked. if the man ordered for the lady, I assume he is paying.
I once did that though, and they were paying with the woman's card.

Sandra said...

When I was a waitress, I put the check in the middle, or like Erica said, gave it to the person that asked for it. It doesn't bother me if they give the check to David though.