Monday, October 30, 2006

Mom and I are doing really good with going to the gym. For the last two weeks, we went three times, and this week we'll go at least four times. Today she actually squatted the bar, which was a big accomplishment for her. We're the only girls working out in the "big boy" part of the gym right now, and it takes guts to stick your bootie out and do squats and deadlifts.

My eating is getting better, although last week was awful. I feel stronger physically and mentally every day. I'm not running outside much because it's getting icy and below freezing, but I'm hitting the bike and treadmill at the gym. Good stuff.

The PBJ stuff is kind of on hold (till next summer/fall), but I'm okay with it. I watched a bunch of my girlfriends in this condition get majorly stressed out--and none of them are working in a high-stress environment like me. So...I'm thinking about waiting a little while until I can work part-time or not at all--which is next fall. J and I might be going to Hawaii on a business trip in May, so it might be fun to not have to worry about traveling with PBJ anyway.

Love to you all! How's everyone else doing?

7 comments:

aola said...

I guess it because I never saw the results I had hoped for all those months that I worked out so diligently that now I am having a really hard time making myself get back into any kind of routine. My walking is very sporadic, haven't been lifting at all. My eating is ok because that is just something I do, always. I eat healthy, I guess I just eat too much.
I am still at the same weight but I know I have lost some strength and muscle.
I keep wondering what it's going to take to inspire me to get going again this fall. Our weather is beautiful and I'm enjoying being outdoors more, working around the yard, cutting a little wood so I'm not completely sedentary but not working out like I know I should be...

so, inspire me!

Sandra said...

I'm with you A! I've just had a realoly bad day. I'm not even in the mood to think about workingout.

Kristen said...

I was thinking about this in the shower this a.m., Aola.

Maybe it would be good to read back and think about how you felt when you were lifting and walking. It wasn't just about looking good--it was about feeling good, strong, accomplished; doing something for yourself and your longevity for your kids. It was about spending time with Mark.

It's good you are still physically active in other ways. What are your actual goals and are you doing what you can/need to get there?

Jeanne said...

What's inspiring me is that Kristen is coming to pick me up every morning. That I feel so much better lately. That I did something I was afraid to do. My girlfriend has lost about 65 lbs because she had bariatric surgery, but I want to do it by eating right and dieting because I want to be strong, too, not just thinner. The strongest motivator, though, has been Kristen working out with me...I guess a partner is good. Can you get one?

Jeanne said...

I said 'eating right and dieting'- I meant eating right and exercising. Duh.

aola said...

Kristen - RYC - you're right, as usual! I thought about your response a lot last night and you are dead on, I have to think about my family. I was with my sister-in-law a lot this week, she is only 3 years older than me and has everything in the freakin' world wrong with her, she's on all kinds of medication and can basically do nothing but sit.

I aint' going there.........

Thanks girlfriend for the kick in the pants.

Kristen said...

I need mine kicked from time to time, so feel free to return the favor as needed. :)