Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I've been a little out of the loop lately, since Mark's kidney stone attack on Friday night. I have felt like I was in another world being in and out of the hospital, up all night several nights with him and trying to get some sleep during the day. It really messed up what Em and I had going. I did get the South Beach diet book and read through it quickly. I decided it was just too much for me to put on Emily all at once so I did make some adjustments to her diet. We have been cutting out carbs here and there and add some extra protein. She has not complained one little bit so far. We have been a little off track for the past few days but I will get back into the groove soon. I've been walking regularly since our weather has been so nice. Seth wants to get a treadmill for this winter, we'll see if we can work that into our budget. I have talked with a personal trainer friend of mine about Emily but so far he has been of little help. I understand nutrition as well as he does. Mark and I have talked about toning beds.

So,we are making progress, little bitty steps in the right direction. Now, if we can just see results from it.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry your week has been so crazy. The SB diet is very restrictive in the beginning. I remember feeling very frustrated with it. I think that little steps are the key.

Kristen said...

Hope you can get back into your groove (not just nutrition-wise) soon. :)

I have read and noticed that most personal trainers and family doctors have very little nutrition training.