Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Thank you ladies for your encouragement. It does help, a lot. Since it will be a few days before I get the South Beach Diet book I pulled out one I already owned - The Insulin Resistance Diet and started implementing it into our diets today. I'm sure there will be many more changes to come but so far Emily has not complained too much.
She did turn her nose up at the boiled egg I put on her breakfast plate this morning, but, she ate it. She eats small amounts of food five or six times a day.
The real challenge is that she already eats well and still gains so I'm not sure what we will have to do to actually see results. But, we will give it a go and see what happens.

It really does help me to be able to talk about here. Mark supports me 100% in this but it's just different to be able to talk to you guys about it.

3 comments:

E. Michelle said...

A>>> you inspire me with your love for Em! You can be sure that she is much better off with these efforts than she is without them... though acknowledge that her weight is important. Feel free to discuss it all at length here!

Kristen said...

Talk away, girlfriend. :)

Sandra said...

I did the South Beach diet once. It's a good core diet. The first two weeks were so hard for me because it cuts out all fruits in an attempt to cut out carbs.
I hope this will work for Em.