Friday, March 09, 2007

Here we are again talking about how to break the stereotypical rotten-body-image thing that most American females are restricted by, and find a more shalom-like way to acknowledge, relate to, and treat our bodies... read more at Magpie Girl

I've been wondering about ways that we could make a difference. What could we do that might actually bring about a change in not only the way we perceive ourselves but how do we say to the designers/media/fashion industry that we are tired of them dictating the way women should look. I hear a lot of women's voices out there crying out but what could "we" do that will count??

Any ideas?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I want/need to give this more thought, but about-face.org has some good ideas. I guess supporting companies and boycotting others in one thing...writing letters...

aola said...

I thought about the boycott thing but I don't buy fashion magazines and I already buy plus size clothes so I'm not sure what I'd boycott. The letter writing might be an idea. I'm good at complaining :)