Monday, March 05, 2007

I am having a little trouble finding a place of balance with the intuitive eating. I need to get the book but I'm really trying not to spend any extra $$ right now until business picks up.
Without the counting I'm having some trouble keeping my eating under control, like I'm on a permanent free day... I know the balance will come if I listen to my body and everything new has to be learned but tonight I'm feeling pretty down about my lack of willpower. I ate horribly over the weekend and it has lingered on into today.
Right now my body is telling me that it doesn't like it when I bake macadamia nut cookies so don't do it anymore and that it doesn't like it when I ignore my own good judgement about eating healthy foods and go off on a junk food binge... so just stop it.

The cookies are all gone.

I will eat healthy tomorrow. My body will love me again.

I don't particularly care for Tyra Banks and have been mad ever since they replaced the Ellen DeGeneres show with Tyra but I happened to surf by the Tyra show tonight and saw that it was about her response to the media calling her fat. I watched about 30 minutes of the show, the girl has got attitude, I'll give her that. She had all the women in the audience dressed in red with their weight in big white letters across their chest. At the end they peeled off the numbers, threw them away and said......

SO WHAT

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It will take some time, A. Just extend grace to yourself. I'm learning, too.

Tyra bugs me. Interesting all the actions and reactions about her weight...

Sandra said...

You're doing great A. I've been on the same learning curve. I'm trying really hard to be gentle with myself and understand that after so long of telling myself no, it's only reasonable that once I said yes, the flood gates opened. I have to say that it doesn't feel like I'm binging. It feels like I'm finally getting to eat like a normal human being. I made a cheese cake Sunday night and haven't devored the entire thing. I've had one small slice each night and felt satisfied with that.