Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm trying again. My fridge is stocked with all the yummy healthful food this time of year has to offer. I'm committed to feeling better. Recently my eating has been less than healthy and I haven't been working out regularly. To help, I've put the entire family on a better eating plan. I want to make sure Erin, who has the metabolism of a humming bird, knows how to make healthy choices and understands that eating healthy is about so much more than being thin. In fact, it has nothing to do with it. I want to make sure that David, whose family has a history of heart disease on both is father and mother's side, stays well out of the danger zone when it come to his heart.
Ideally, I would like to start going for a walk with Erin during our lunch break. I'm going to speak to my boss about extending my break so that we can do this.
One reason I feel different about this time, is that for the first time, I'm not doing it because I feel sick when I look at my body. I am actually feeling very comfortable with my physique which is a new and glorious feeling. I am however feeling lazy and lethargic which is not how I want to feel at all! Any advice or encouragement is appreciated!

3 comments:

aola said...

All I can say is "Keep up the good work".

It's sooo easy to slip off into eating junk food, isn't it? I guess it's just easy and eating healthy requires some thought and effort on our part, but, we feel so much better when we do.

Sandra said...

Eating junk food is kinda like watching junk t.v. It's just a way to zone out and not have to think about anything. I spend so much time thinking, planning, doing that at the end of the day I don't want to have to think about another freaking thing. Luckily, I'm not really big on junk food. I just drink soda and eat ice cream. The ice cream is easy to give up because it's cold outside. The soda is a little more tricky, but given the way it makes me feel, I think that if David and Erin help by not buying it, I'll be just fine.

Kristen said...

Good for you. I am finding I am craving good food more and more.