Saturday, November 17, 2007

I haven't picked a favorite yet on the new Project Runway but it looks like they have some real talent.

I just love Tim Gunn's show, I think it is way better than What Not to Wear but I still love watching Stacy and Clinton.

I saw an interesting segment on CNN this morning about a photographer in Israel who works for the top fashion magazine "elite", he is trying to change and is making huge changes in the fashion industry (at least in Isreal and let's hope it catches on here)by insisting that his models weigh in at a "healthy" weight. It all started when he found one of his models passed out at her home unable to move she was so weak - she weighed 66 pounds and died just a few days later in the hospital.

They actually showed pictures of her before she died. It was really sad.

We have got to put an end to that kind of madness with this generation of daughters.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

It's too soon for me to pick a favorite too! The blue dress with the 'waterfall" of material was a little scary! Hopefully she'll listen to her instinct in the next challenge.
I'm going to research that photographer now!

aola said...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2007/11/16/shubert.mideast.model.health.cnn?iref=videosearch


here is the url for the video.. I couldn't figure out how to embed it ???

Kristen said...

Amen. My friend Missi and I have been talking about how do raise children to love their bodies...while dealing with our own jacked-up POVs on the whole matter.

Sandra said...

That video made me cry! How sad! I had Erin watch it just so she could see the reality of modeling and what those women do to themselves to be so thin. The lady they were interviewing made me angry when she said that she tells those who aren't thin enough to go to school to be a lawyer or something because their bodies don't want to be thin. HELLO! The reason their bodies don't want to be that thin is because it isn't healthy. Why not change the type of model she's using? Would it be such a bad thing to see real women modeling?

Thanks for the post Kristen and thanks for the link A.