Monday, January 05, 2009

Reluctantly, I am throwing out all of the junk food. I have to keep the chips for David, but they don't cause me any problems because I don't eat them. I'm throwing out all that remains of the holiday candy and any soda that is in the house.

I'm going to focus on eating natural foods rather than anything that is processed. I'm not sure I should do a full on cleanse because I'm breast feeding, so I'm just going to cut out all the sugary and or processed foods and focus on eating more vegetables and fruit.

I'm off to make an omelet full of veggies and goodness. :)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Same here, Sandra! Mostly just working on being more mindful of what I eat...and it's working!

Sandra said...

I was just thinking that this morning. I'm planning on starting off each day by watching a little health video from youtube just to get myself in the right mindset. When I think about what I eat I tend to make good choices, but when I just mindlessly eat because I'm in a hurry I make really bad choices.

aola said...

Junk food all gone... I kept one bag of dark chocolate, the only chips in the house are fat free Pringles which I don't like and don't eat but Emily does. And, I'm with you guys... I don't intend to do without or starve myself on too few calories, I just want to eat healthy foods and you are so right - all it takes is a little thought because we all know what we "should" be eating.

and I did manage to get through the day with only 1/2 cup of coffee - Yeah, me!!

Sandra said...

Way to go! I have to have my coffee too. It's my one guilty pleasure. :)

aola said...

I've really been having lots of stomach trouble lately more than usual even. The three day cleanse which consisted mostly of just cutting out caffeine helped. I have switched to drinking caffeine free diet coke when I do crave soda. I still try to stick to mostly water though.