Thursday, March 26, 2009

I guess I'm not that interested in losing weight. I'm walking/jogging almost every day when the weather cooperates and eating as I please. The scale hasn't budge one way or another. I'm not pushing myself to do anything more right now.

One thing I've noticed is my aerobic tolerance is so much less than it ever has been. I know that has to do with being pregnant and not working out for quite a while, but it's really deteriorated. Walking up the hill by my house is a true task and it's a hill I used to run up in my teens. I think something my surgeon told me might be the cause. He said that being pregnant and all of the stress that adds to the heart along with the stress of the ASD caused me to go into acute heart failure. That would be the reason the first cardiologist thought I needed a heart transplant. Luckily for me my heart was able to recover and no transplant was needed, but I'm wondering if the damage that currently exists is in some part due to all the added stress of pregnancy. Even at 8 months pregnant I could walk up this hill without much of a problem. Now I huff and puff my way up and my lungs feel like they are on fire! I'm very interested to see how things will feel after the surgery.

Oh, and these stretch marks. They suck!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

yeah...stretch marks do suck. But my husband tells me they're my war wounds obtained by bearing children. I think they've been worth it.

aola said...

when you are 50+ and everything else is sagging ... the stretch marks are totally unimportant :)

I don't know how many times I've said that.. "I guess I don't care if I lose weight." At least I don't care enough to actually do anything about it:) I'm just like you - I walk every day. I try to watch what I eat, keep portion sizes small and nothing ever changes so what the heck. I know the only thing that would actually make me lose weight is to exercise more, much more and I'm probably just not going to do it.

Sandra said...

exactly...it's either exercise much more or eat water and lettuce. I'm not doing either of those.
Jen and I had a very funny conversation about this yesterday in which I decided to say F*#@ it. I'm eating the cheesecake!

Kristen said...

Boy, have I been here! And stretch marks are frustrating, for sure.

Jeanne said...

Cheesecake...yum.