Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I am on day four of my cleanse, not sure I will continue (at least as stictly) much longer. The cleanse is definitely working... I even started my period which I am not sure if that's a good or bad sign since I haven't had one in over six months... will this never be over???
I have held to the plan better this time than any other cleanse I've ever done with almost no slip-ups. Funny, the one thing that has been hardest for me to resist is my stick pretzels.. meat, I can do without, sugar, hasn't been too bad, but OMG those pretzels have haunted me.
I have not been hungry at all. I've eaten LOTS of high fiber, high nutrient foods that have very little calories so no hunger, but, don't feel satisfied either.

I'll just see how my day goes.

6 comments:

Jen said...

What kinds of high fiber, high nutrient foods are you eating?

Sandra said...

You're doing great! I've had a few slip ups. I feel great though and it goes along with the changes I've been making in my diet so I'm happy that I'm doing it. One big plus is that I tried the gogi juice and love it. :)

aola said...

Jen, I went through the produce isle and bought everything that looked good :)

for a liver cleanse you need to eat lots of foods from the brassica family - broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, etc. They have an enzyme that release something in the liver to activate the cleanse. Then you need to drink lots of water with lemon to actually cleanse, taking a Milk Thistle supplement helps too.

Liver cleanses are the most complicated.

Other than lots of broccoli, I have been eating brown rice and tabbouleh, all the veggies and fruit I can stand and a little whole grain cereal - shredded wheat. (I added a few triscuits with my salads, cause I love them)

aola said...

Sandy, me,too! I love it. Just out of curiosity, how much did you have to pay for it? I get it at walmart for $1.63 a 8oz. bottle. That just seems high to me.

aola said...

Jen, and oh yeah, I did the same thing on the juice isle. I bought Goji, Pomegranate/Blueberry, grapefruit, and cran-apple. Whenever I would get to wanting a coke I would drink one of them instead. I did drink a little coke though because I just have a hard time feeling guilty about drinking caffeine free diet coke.

Sandra said...

A, the price was the same for me. I bought the small bottle first to make sure I liked it and then bought a larger one for $6.58.