Friday, March 12, 2010

I suck at losing weight.

I don't know what my problem is. I can't seem to get my eating under control. I think that I used food as a crutch during the last year and ended up with a fairly serious emotional addiction to food.

I'm so frustrated at myself for letting this happen. I know that doesn't really do any good, but it's the truth.

I could really use some motivation vibes!

Thanks ladies.

Update: I visited SparkPeople and found some helpful information on emotional eating. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=693 I made a little sign to hang on the fridge that says "STOP! Take 5 minutes to relax by reading, listening to music, or going for a short walk. Ask yourself if you are really hungry or if you need comfort." I also put a little list on the side that says "Feel it! Express it! Move past it!"

I can't really go into detail about some of the emotional issues I'm having and perhaps the inability to discuss it either virtually or in person has led to this emotional eating. It feels like the last 5 months have had a domino effect. One very significant thing happened and then I just began to bottle everything up. I knew that I was too numb when I didn't even cry over the recent loss of our cat.

It literally feels like I've been walking on egg shells around myself. So afraid that the smallest amount of giving in would mean everything would come tumbling in on me.

2 comments:

aola said...

I'm afraid I can be of no help... I do really good for a while and then when I see no results I give up again... knowing full well that I haven't given it long enough or haven't exercised enough (or any). What really gets me is that I can keep my calories way down for weeks and maybe lose a pound or two but if I get off track for like ONE day the weight is all back ... frustrating as hell.

So, I'm right there in that boat with you. I SUCK AT LOSING WEIGHT, TOO.

Kristen said...

Yes, welcome me to the boat, too. I have gained several pounds (basically because I turned to food and have just been eating and eating since...well, late January when my world crashed). Right now I know I need to eat better and exercise for my health and so I don't get fatter--but I really don't see any point. I'm low on motivation, too.

Sandra, I'm sorry you've been going through such a hard time. You know this, but seriously, WE LOVE YOU and if you are able, we will listen (read). Love you!