Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reality

I'm sitting in the break room at work enjoying my turkey, veggie, & mustard on whole wheat sandwich when in walk to of my co-workers with McDonald's meals complete with fries and soda. Neither of these ladies weigh more than a buck twenty and one weighs substantially less. She's so thin that her goal for Wii fit is to gain weight, yes you heard that right. She wants to gain weight and has been shoveling down the ice cream to accomplish her goal. We had a brief conversation about weight wherein I explained my recent try at running, and they both confessed that they couldn't run and that neither of them did anything beyond the physical activity they do at work to stay thin. And it hits me. Weight is not fair, and the playing field of weight loss is not equal. Some people will go their entire lives without having to put in half of the effort of others and will be thin regardless of their lack of effort. Others, like me, will work very hard for every ounce they lose. Some can eat whatever they want whenever they want to and it will never catch up to them. Others can gain a pound just by looking at chocolate cake, at least it feels that way sometimes.


In the past month my weight has not budged, but I will not give up hope or stop trying.

2 comments:

aola said...

it just SUCKS!! I get so tired of watching these skinny men around here eat whatever they please and never gaining an ounce while Em and I watch every bite and still just get fatter and fatter.

Kristen said...

WORD.