Monday, September 10, 2007

I woke up early (though not as early as I wanted too) and did a warm up on the elliptical before doing some strength training on the Bowflex. I am getting the hang of that crazy contraption. It isn't as easy as they claim in the infomercials, but then is anything?
This week I am trying to remind myself that "my body is a temple". For a long time I used this phrase as a way to decide what I should or should not eat and it made me hate the phrase. Now, I want to use it in a positive way. When I think a negative thought about the way my body looks or feels, I stop myself and remember that my body is a temple. It's not a temple in progress or a dilapidated temple. There are no "under construction" cones placed strategically around it or "sorry the temple is closed for a remodel" signs on the door. Right now in this moment, just as it is, my body is a temple.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's funny...that phrase reminds me that it's "just a temple"--I mean, I am much more than just my body. My body simply houses my spirit. :)

Nice work on getting the hang of the bowflex!

Sandra said...

How interesting that we can see the same phrase so differently. I like your view too. It is "just a temple" and not the end all be all of who we are.