Sunday, September 30, 2007

Purple really is "the" color in fashion this season, isn't it? Everywhere I look I see purple.

Kristen, graciously, sent me the basic to-buy list from Tim Gunn's new show. I've been looking over it, window shopping online to get some ideas. I have another question for our resident fashionista, Kristen.

At the top of the list is a little black dress. I don't wear dresses well because I am several size bigger on top than I am on the bottom half and to get a dress to fit me in the bust it is huge in the hips. I looked at an empire style, but, feel like I am much too old for the babydoll look. Should I go for a skirt and top or maybe look at a wrap dress? What do you think?

I'm still looking at ankle boots - with no luck so far. I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding just the right ones.

I ordered a pair of casual gray pants and a plum colored tee shirt from target.com last week. I love the pants. They have a double yoke with the top yoke in a ribbed knit. They don't look like an elastic waisted Grandma pant but they are oh so comfortable. The tee shirt is just so-so, the color is a little more red violet than I had hoped for but I will keep it.

What are you guys buying for fall?

5 comments:

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...

I forget that links don't work in the comment section! ARG

Both Macy's and JCPenny are having boot sales at their online stores. I thought of you wile browsing them a few days ago.
I like the "irma" and "Kylie" from JCPenny.

aola said...

Thanks, I'll go look!!

Kristen said...

Dresses tend to be a little more chic, but a matching shirt and skirt can look fine, too. Have you tried looking at some of the silhouettes on your MyShape page to see what kind of dress might work for you? I think an empire style might look nice on you if it didn't flare out too much (babydoll style)--then it wouldn't look quite as juvenile.

Kristen said...

A wrap dress might be nice, too. :) Be sure to get something you can wear supportive undergarments with and that isn't so low that you never wear it, you know?