Sunday, January 09, 2011

Walked every day this week except one - the day I went to the doctor. I was especially proud of myself for making it this morning. It was cold and all I wanted to do was snuggle up and stay in bed but I did it and felt better for it.

The diet hasn't been a stretch for me, I think the new meds are affecting my appetite so I have been eating only because I know I need to eat and being choosy about what I did eat. According to the scale (which I decided to use ONCE a week) I lost a couple of pounds this week.. not a big deal when you need to lose at least 50!

Today I've had 2 eggs (but only one yolk), a piece of oat bread toast, a small bowl of vegetable soup, and a bowl of cheerios with blueberries.

I learned something tonight that really surprised me. I haven't ever paid much attention to the sodium content of things while reading labels but, of course, am paying much more attention now. .... Did you know that a serving of canned green beans has 200mg MORE sodium than a serving of Pringles potato chips???? WoW!!

This has been a really hard week, a couple of nights of wondering if I was going to wake up the next morning, one evening where we struggled with deciding to take me to the ER... moments of panic. But, I think the meds are starting to level me out again. I need to not forget this week but keep it close in my mind to spur me on to keep walking and pushing myself.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Your amazing! Keep up the good work. Our bodies will thank us!

Unknown said...

Sodium is a killer. It's in everything.