Thursday, February 19, 2009

Learning to live without, well with LESS, salt....

normally when I grab a piece of celery, or a cherry tomato, or just about any other thing I eat I also grab the salt shaker. I've said in the past that if the little thin extra salty pretzels had any kind of nutrient value I would live on them. I salt everything.

Rethinking the way you eat sounds like a really hard thing to do but I'm finding it is not really all that hard once you just actually do it.

I can not eat pretzels (and live)
I can pop a cherry tomato in my mouth without salting it first.
I can eat a stalk of celery plain with nothing whatsoever on it.
I can sit down and eat a meal without salting all my food.

And am finding very quickly that it doesn't make all that much difference. I still like the taste of the food.

Who Knew?????

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm not much of a salt eater. In fact, I hardly ever salt anything. I know many people who love it though. I have a friend who salts everything before she tastes it. Erin does that too. I tell her she should be careful because one of these days I'm going to add salt to her food and then she'll salt it and I'm going to make her eat it anyway because she should taste the food before she salts it!

It sounds like you're doing great. I'm finding it requires more mental toughness than anything.

Kristen said...

Nice job, A. :)