Sunday, February 15, 2009

"The Shoulds"

What's one thing that you just can't stand doing, but you know you should do it? Yeah, I know, we shouldn't be motivated by "the shoulds" but we should motivate each other to do good, right?

I hate wedding and baby showers. I don't know why.I feel like I'm not a good woman if I don't like these things.

But there are some that I should go to.

You guys are probably all way past this stage of grappling with "the shoulds" but any input would be nice to hear.

3 comments:

aola said...

Jeanne, I won't be any help at all... most of the time if I just really don't want to do something, I don't. I didn't even go to Christi's baby shower.

Sandra said...

I try to cut myself a little slack when it comes to those type of "shoulds". Society can be fairly demanding when it comes to what we should and should not do especially for someone like me who is fairly introverted. If I don't want to go to a baby or bridal shower I don't go. I guess I'm like A in that respect. I just send a gift and try to meet up with the person another time to let them know how excited I am for them.

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Ladies.