Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A couple of things from the Priestess Rachelle @ Urban Abbess:

The first one is a part of a meditation on the feminine divine -

Visualization
(3-5 breath cycles each)
I am godmother, bearer of good gifts in time of need.
I am sister, who entwines my hands and my hair, my tears and my laughter with your own.
I am mother who baptizes the birth of new things in water and blood.
I am lover who bears within her body the power to bond and to break.
I am warrior, ready to defend her young and protect her brooding place.
I am wisdom who carries great truths in the lines of her face.
I am she who holds you under her wings.


You can read the rest of the meditation at Urban Abbess. I printed it so I could use it at home during my metta blast time.

The second is from a woman she met that is a Unitarian minister:

“Love is the doctrine of this church.
The quest for truth is our sacrament,
and service is our prayer.
To dwell together in peace,
and to help one another in fellowship is our deep desire,
that all shall grow into harmony with the Divine.”

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Both of these are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.