Friday, May 11, 2007

Day Ten

i think we've been here ten days today, or we're on our tenth day now, and from the feel of it, this is going to be really easy.
at this point, i bet easy is just what a doctor what order.
most of my friends, including my sister, seem to agree.
I feel i am stabilized by being here. here, it becomes clear to me that i have been conflicted every single day for the three years' prior to our leaving.
though- and this is a bit of hard-won knowledge for me about myself- i am not primarily a thinker, so when i am conflicted i manifest other ways than in my stream of consciousness. i don't think confusedly, though i can at times be confused, but i feel anxious. i feel the conflict, even if i try to sublimate it with my thinking good thoughts over the tension in my back or soul.
all that has radically reduced. the little earthquakes in my subconsciousness are finally calming.
i miss a few of my friends (tiffany, brent, alex, tim). i miss my therapist. i miss our cars (we decided it was best to leave the cars since they weren't in our names).

but i don't miss the fog in my soul.
love.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Good, good, good. I'm glad you've had a chance to come in here and update too. Has your therapist recommended anyone or are you doing phone sessions or anything?

aola said...

It's so good to hear that you guys are doing well!

I tell my kids, I tell everyone in fact... "there is much to be said for peace!"

I lived in torment for so many years that when I finally got out of it... there is no way in hell I would ever live that way again - not for anyone.

E. Michelle said...

my therapist offered to do phone sessions. however, he has some hearing loss- i have reservations about phoning it in.

Sandra said...

This post made me smile. I am glad you are at peace Erica, really glad.

R said...

the turmoil lives in my mind, too. i hope the oklahoma humidity continues to heal. :)