Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hokahoma

you ladies are such a reference point for me, a homebase for my soul, because you only know me honestly. i don't write words that aren't true and immediate for me and that, dears, is a really cool way to be known, sans the bullshit.

our little family made it out of texas and into Oklahoma three days ago. i am in T*lsa. and i am hoping to get in some face time with Aola while i am here. not that i exactly know where you are A.

in general, my spirits are up. there is a peace here- in the city and in my soul. we'd orginally planned on staying about five weeks, but we may stretch that out to three months. debt.

it would be best to stay for that long- but i don't want to . i want to keep the momentum and i am embarrassed to live with his parents for that long.
still, it is a smart thing to do and, as most people know, three months goes by REALLY fast when you are in your late twenties. fast fast fast.
it would probably take that long to set up a life in Chicago for ourselves, properly. and properly is the way i want to do it.
Judah seems to like "hokahoma" just fine! he has his cousins and two furry cats to torment. C's spirits seem to be lifting.
but me? i am on my own for the first time, no safety net, and am feeling overwhelmed. i feel impatient when i think about having to resurrect our finances over the summer.
Still, i realize taking responsibility for myself is the first real step toward independence and if it looks like spending the next few months here well. . . i can cope.
i still want to be rescued, but i guess that is the point.
do it myself.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Yes. Good. Glad you made it safe and are well. Please update frequently when you can. If C's parents are okay with it, stay three months, friend. And glad C and the little guy are doing okay.

aola said...

Oklahoma always has felt like a safe place to me.
Tulsa is one of our favorite places to go, email me and I will start trying to make arrangements for us come to Tulsa or if you would rather come here I'd make Seth give up his room for a night. Chris would love to see the studio - I just know he would :)
We are about 2 hours south of Tulsa.
We'll have to the pool open in June :)

E. Michelle said...

you know, a, it might be fabulous to do both. thogh if i have to choose, i want to come to your house.

Sandra said...

You may well be in OK when we make our treck through. I'm glad you are safe and sound and making your way. You can do this. Repeat that you yourself if you need to. Three months will go by so fast! Three months is nothing compared to a lifetime. Wait it out. Take your time. Doing it the right way is better.

aola said...

We would love to have you guys!! email me and we will figure out the details.

R said...

hmmm. . .if you're still there in June . . . I'll be there, too.

E. Michelle said...

oh, wow. maybe i'll ge to meet all the women on this blog i haven't yet met. except for Jeanne.=(

Kristen said...

Oh, you'll make it up here eventually. She lives a mile away from me. :)

E. Michelle said...

yes, i will do so. i love rain and gray days.