Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dear Scale,

I hate you. Please go away and don't ever show your sorry little numbers again. I don't believe you at all. According to you, 30 minutes on the elliptical five times a week, three weight training sessions a week, and an hour of yoga each week equals zero weight loss. I think you must be broken and so I'm not going to listen to you anymore! And yes, I understand the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing, but really this is ridiculous. Half a pound would have given me some hope to cling to, but instead you give me the frustration of no change at all.


Sincerely,
Sandra

4 comments:

aola said...

Amen and Amen.. I think we really ought to take them out and smash them with a hammer.

Kristen said...

Seriously.

Use a tape measure and a mirror, girlfriend.

Anytime I do that much activity and no change in the scale, it either means: 1) my eating hasn't been in check or 2) I'm gaining muscle or 3) I'm retaining water due to my cycle.

McMom said...

I second that Amen!! I am in the same boat!!

Sandra said...

Thanks Kristen, I am paying attention to my measurements as well. It's just frustrating that David can change one little thing and drop 7lbs and I make all of these changes and drop nothing. My eating hasn't been the best, but I don't think it's been bad enough to stop weight loss. I've beeing keeping my calories under 1500 and eating well balanced meals. Water retention is a possibility. I'm giving it two more weeks and if nothing changes I'm making a doctors appointment. If nothing else maybe the'll recomed me to a dietician who can help.