Thursday, December 29, 2005

I think I've passed some sort of hurdle in this journey (of finding skinny). Yesterday was the first day that I didn't feel like I was starving to death.
What a relief.
I suppose my body is adjusting.
I'm like Sandy in that I try to stay off the scales but it really doesn't make much difference at my house because our scales are just whack! Every time you get on them it says something different. But, according to the crazy scale I have lost somewhere between 4 and 10 pounds. I won't really know what my weight is until I go back to the doctor in March.

I am actually getting where I like the foods I am eating. It's still pretty strange not have a pasta or rice side dish but a salad or plain veggies instead. It was hard the other night when we went out to eat (Mexican). I love mexican rice but I didn't eat any.

Yeah, Me!!

My order came this morning from Web Vitamins, a box full of soy and flax products. Soy powder and flax seed to add to my daily smoothie of soy milk and fruit, salted soy nuts to eat instead of popcorn or pretzels at night while we are watching TV.

One thing I am looking forward to is when this becomes my lifestyle and I don't have to think about it so much.

I am going to start doing some weight training for my upper body today. Seth has some small weights that I can use. I need to do something to stay a little toned. I'm kind of afraid to lose too much weight, afraid there would nothing but baggy skin left.... not a pretty picture!!!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

You said no to rice? Way to go! You are amazing!
Great work on deciding to get tone. It's really important and not just to keep from being saggy. Muscle burns those calories like crazy!

Kristen said...

Good for you to start weight training!

R said...

Congrats on the lost weight.

I'm totally a scale girl.

Jeanne said...

Aola, I am so afraid of my skin being saggy, too. I've been assured that as your body shrinks and you exercise, that your skin tones up, too. I sure hope that's true. I'd rather stay fat and have nice skin, I think. But my ultimate preference is thin and nice skin.
I stay away from the scale except for every couple weeks since it can be depressing if I don't see progress. It's better for me to feel it in my clothes and energy level.