Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Positive Thinking

Rather than tear myself apart for things I did or didn't do, I'm going to list the good choices I make each day. My idea is to write all the good things down so that on days when I'm feeling like I can't, I can look back and remember when I did have the strength to say no and realize that I always have the power to make the right choice.
Yesterday, I did;
complete 30 minutes of circut training
do 15 minutes of pilates
practice some tia chi
drink water
avoid regular soda
turn down lunch from Chili's
say no to cookies
order my pepermint mocha with nonfat milk and no whip cream
start a food journal

What about you ladies? List the good things you've done. Lets focus on the things we're getting right and draw from those strengths.

4 comments:

aola said...

I didn't eat cheesecake today (because it's all gone)
I didn't eat ice cream (because it's all gone, too)
I had salad for lunch (and enjoyed it)
I walked today (even tho the wind is blowing 100mph)

so far so good (today)

Kristen said...

This is a great idea.

I went for a run/walk today even though it was windy (like you, Aola!).

I spent time with my best friend and my goddaughter, even though it was "wasted time" or time I could have been sleeping.

That's it for today. :)

Sandra said...

Awesome job, both of you! You are so funny A! Not eating those things because they are gone is a big accomplishment. I usually give in and go to the store to get them. LOL
Kristen, great job on spending time with your friend and goddaughter. I feel the same way sometimes. I've always got to be doing something. I have to remind myself to slowdown and take time to just enjoying being with people. Sometimes, the dishes can wait and the vacuming doesnt' have to be done right now.

Jeanne said...

This is a wonderful idea. Today (1-2-06) I:
got up with the alarm and exercised.
ate according to the plan.
spent quality time with Darren (my son) and Jerry.
had my quiet time.
For one day, I did it!