Thursday, December 15, 2005

Kristen had a wonderful idea to start a blog that tracks my workout and diet. The idea is that all who are involved will be held accountable through the power of blogdom to stick to their weight loss and health goals.
Despite the name of this blog, I'm under no delusion that skinny is hiding somewhere or that I'll find it magically like Alice swallowing a drink of potion that shrinks me down down down. I've been on this path for a while. I've had little stops here and there, but I've never given up. This is a lifestyle for me not just a new year’s resolution that I'll throw out with the Christmas tree.
That being said, my goals are:

1. I will work out a minimum of 5 days a week. Workouts will include no less than 30 minutes of circuit training and 30 minutes of walk/running.
2. I will make healthy food choices that include more fresh fruit and vegetables. I will limit my calories to 1600 per day.
3. I will limit meals away from home to once a week.
4. If/when I splurge I will not feel guilty. I will accept it as a part of the process.
5. I will pay less attention to the number on the scale and more attention to how strong I am becoming and how much more energy I have.
6. I will love my body regardless of its size or shape.

9 comments:

R said...

Okay, I only want to gain 20-25 pounds during this pregnancy. The thought of having a bunch of weight to lose and caring for a baby at the same time makes me panic.

So, I'm going to get to the gym three times next week and do pregnancy pilates twice. I'm also going to increase the amount of vegetables I eat. My brain can only handle a week at a time at the moment.

Thanks for doing this, Sandy.

aola said...

Great post. I love the wisdom in your words, good for all of us to hear.
My goals are to:
1. cut calories
2. exercise daily
starting slow at first and building up because I have been a real slacker in this area.
3. increase healthy eating habits
which means less carbs and more fiber (fruits and veggies and soy products)
4. I like the once a week on eating out - good idea - I will incorporate that into my one free day a week.

I will put a link to this blog on my blogroll so others can join in.

Thanks Sandy - great job!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

Question for you all: should we make this blog a group blog? Where we can all post? (Easy to do, just go go the settings section of the blog, click on members and invite people using their e-mail addresses.) Then all four or five of us can post...

Or should we start our own blogs and link together?

aola said...

I like the idea of one central blog with several people being able to post.

This is fun. My yoga workout this morning was more enjoyable than usual just from being jazzed about the new blog.

Kristen said...

Okay, if Becky (and Steph, too?) is in agreement, it's up to you, Sandra, to add us as members to this blog...as long as it's alright with you, too. (BTW, my email is kristen_rain at yahoo dot com.) I won't start my own fitness blog until I find out what we're doing, but I agree with Aola. :)

I'm super jazzed about this, too!

Kristen said...

Oooh, and my mom might want to join in, too. That okay with y'all?

Sandra said...

Great idea Kristen! I'm at work right now so I don't have access to everyone's e-mail addresses. I'll add you all as soon as I get home. If I don't have your e-mail please sent it to me at thejacksons@direcway.com

Sandra said...

Of course I meant send as it should be something you haven't yet done. LOL