Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Myself and I have a daily conversation in which we discuss the reasons we should and should not workout. We weigh all the pro's and con's of physical activity; myself being on the pro side and I being over there with the cons. We hash it out over our morning mocha like a mental arm wresteling match. The past two mornings, Myself has won. I reluctantly stepped onto the dull grey recovery pad and lifted one leg and then the other over and over again until we reached a nice steady jog. One small victory at a time. Right?

7 comments:

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...

You're doing better than me...the week is almost over and I still haven't worked out at all.

And I ate frosting by the spoonful tonight. (Leftover from making Dad's birthday cake yesterday.) Note to self: Cannot leave frosting in house.

Sandra said...

LOL Kristen!!! Frosting by the spoonfull!
I made fudge tonight. Luckily, sweets don't tempt me normaly. I had a piece and that was enough. Tomorrow I am making cookies after work. We'll see how that goes.
When I have a food that is to tempting to pass up..I do whatever it takes to get rid of it. I've thrown entire pies away so I wouldn't eat them.

aola said...

Kristen, you sound like my kids (and husband). I have to hide the frosting when I want to bake a cake or they eat it "by the spoonful".

My walking is starting to become a habit that I look forward to again. Today we all went. Seth drove Em around the track in her golf cart while Mark, the dog, and I walked.

Thanks for the encouragement that you are giving me!!

Kristen said...

Hey Aola, are you going to join on this blog? Do you guys know if Becky is going to?

I think my mom (Jeanne) might do it. I don't know how often she would post, but she bought the Body for Life book and is seriously considering doing it with me starting in January.

aola said...

Don't I have to receive an invitation to become a contributor?

Sandra said...

A, I sent you an invitation last week when I started the group. I'll send one again right now.