Monday, December 19, 2005

Kristen's Goals This Week

I will post my long-term fitness goals later this week, but for this week, my goal is to get in three workouts (probably 25-30 minutes on the stationary bike and a full body weights routine) this week while attempting to eat mostly healthy. Lots of lean protein, and lots of water.

The holiday season has begun in earnest around my office: there are candy and cookies everywhere, and it's only 10:30 on Monday morning. I will try to eat every few hours so I am not tempted by all the sweets, but I'm not going to be too strict on myself this week. Besides, any minor pudginess that may occur will go away after the holidays when I get more earnest about my workouts and eating right. I just need to remind myself that I always feel more energetic and happy when I eat well and stay away from the sugary sweets.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

aola said...

Me, too Kristen on the not being too hard on myself during the holiday. I had already bought some things that I plan on going ahead and cooking but after Christmas... NO MORE.

I baked the last of the peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies last night. I ate one (190 calories!!!!) felt guilty as hell but it sure was good.

Hopefully, the resident cookie monsters (all skinny boys) will take care of them before I am tempted again :)

Kristen said...

Holy cow, those are my favorite kind of cookies. I would definitely break a diet for those babies. Heh-heh.

Sandra said...

It's the holidays! We can't be too hard on ourselves. I'm with Kristen, I'd break my diet for peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies too. A sweet member just brought me a box with three kinds of home made cookies. I won't feel guilty if I have one. That usually only lead to eating more because I feel like a failure. I'm not going there.