Saturday, September 30, 2006

Back on the Wagon

OK, last night was the end of the incredible baking spree. I made molten lava chocolate mugs with espresso whip cream. They were so rich it almost made me sick, and I realized I am ill. I have a three month old child, yet I run around making intricate desserts. No more. My joints hurt, my face is erupting, and I can see the dial on the scale wanting to move. Goodbye empty carbs. The order of the day shall be meats, eggs, veggies, and fruit. I'll add whole grains after a while, when I feel the carb monster is back in its cage.

I only broke the coffee rule once this week, and it didn't even taste that great. I have noticed a difference in the skin around my eyes. I think I was drinking so much coffee that I wasn't drinking enough water and it was dehydrating me.

How is everyone doing? A -- have you thought about having a slice or two of turkey bacon with your oatmeal? Would that be enough protein?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you say Molten Lava? MMMMMMMMMM Welcome back. Sometimes the carb monster takes over my world too. Bad carb monster!
Great job on the coffee!!!

aola said...

I've discovered that carbs are my "comfort" food, when I get stressed or don't feel well that is all I want.

oh, my, gosh, that molten lava thing sounds good...

Kristen said...

YUM! Yeah, I rely on carbs because they are so much faster/easier to cook than other stuff. I'm boiling some eggs right now so I can have fast protein around here. :)

aola said...

I've been doing that too Kristen, keeping boiled eggs and low-fat cheese sticks in the frig.
And I found a protein bar that has 20gm of protein that I keep for emergency chocolate attacks.