Saturday, September 02, 2006

new beginnings again

Hopefully we are at the end of this horrendous summer we've had. It has taken it's toll on everyone and everything. We still haven't had enough rain to even mention but the temperatures have dropped into the high 80's, low 90's. The ponds are either empty or stagnant, the grass is dead, the trees (especially the young trees) are dying.

I've gained 5 pounds over the summer from lack of activity. I walked, seriously walked, for the first time yesterday in probably 3 months. I thought I would die... that last push up hill I was breathing hard!!

I feel like I am starting all over again from where I was last December. I haven't lost much muscle, I don't think, because I did continue to lift throughout the summer months but I feel so out of shape.

So, here I go again... with yet another resolution to walk every day, lift 3 times a week, and eat better.

Those 5 pounds need to go Bye-Bye!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

You know, A...some of those pounds might be muscle, too, with how consistent you've been. Either way, new beginnings are good. You can do this!

(A lot of bodybuilder types cycle their training--they bulk in fall and winter, they "cut" (lose the fat) in spring, and maintain in summer (showing off those beach muscles). Maybe yours should be the opposite routine since it's actually warm enough to be outdoors and to lose weight in the winter. Hmmmm...)

Sandra said...

You are doing great A! Just keep on pushing! I know it's hard. I haven't lost a single pound even with all this running, but I'm trying to keep focused regardless of how completely looserish I feel ( or unlooserish if you take into account I haven't lost anything!)

aola said...

You know Sandy, I just don't get it?? Cheri said she had the same problem, no matter how much she worked out(and she worked out hard - two hours a day at the gym)she never lost until she started eating according to that book she told us about... she has lost 20 pounds since then.

I think I will go buy us both that book...right now.

aola said...

Kristen,Thanks for the encouragement. I'd like to believe that the extra 5 is muscle .. but it's more likely to be tummy :)

It is strange but I do usually lose in the winter and gain in the summer.