Sunday, September 17, 2006

I started walk/running at the park by Erin's school after I drop her off in the mornings. It's close and convenient and there are several other people walking there so I feel safe. I walk/ran for 30 mintues Friday morning and then tracked it on gmap when I got home and I went 1.7 miles.
I read an article on begining a running routine at Spark People and it recommended that beginners start by walking four minutes and running one minute and slowly added more running as you can handle it. I'm going to play around with that and see what happens. My plans for this week are to walk/run the 1.7 miles Monday through Friday and lift weights on MWF. I want a quick weight routine that covers all the basics. Any ideas? I'd prefer not to spend more than 25-30 minutes doing weights.
Even on the IR diet, I'm keeping my one free meal a week. I'm making peach cobbler. Since reading Becky's post about baking and Erica's comment on cobbler, it's all I've been able to think about!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I really like Spark People, don't you?

(I love peach cobbler...)

Sandra said...

Spark People is awesome! All that great info for free and it's very motivational.