Friday, September 29, 2006

To be honest I am a little surprised at just how out of shape I am from not walking the last few months of extreme hot weather. I'm trying to get into the habit of walking every day again. I didn't make it every day this week but mostly. I just huff and puff up the steepest part of the walk... didn't used to do that.

I'm liking the IR diet for the most part but sometimes I get really tired of always having to try to link the protein. Breakfast is the hardest meal because I like oatmeal for breakfast. The book suggests making it with milk instead of water, tried it once - yuck.

The rest of the day it's easy to do.

There was a problem with my web vitamins order (not their fault)UPS trashed the box and I only wound up getting one out of three items I ordered so I am still waiting for the colon cleanse supplements I ordered................

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I know what you mean about the huffing and puffing. When I run I can't run very far at all before I'm out of breath. I really think I forget to breathe sometimes.
I love the IR diet! I haven't been on 100% this week because of the angry period monster. It takes over my mind and makes me eat chocolate!

R said...

So, I've been slacking on the walking, too. Yesterday, Nate gave me thirty minutes and I tried to run -- oh my gosh. My high school basketball coach was right -- it only takes ten days for the average women to get out of shape. Yuck! I guess that's why this is the journey with no destination.

aola said...

10 days... that's depressing.

Guess I better get to walking.

Kristen said...

Hey A, I don't know if this would work on the IR diet, but I have made oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and microwaved it that way. Adds a little flavor (chocolate or vanilla?) taste to it, depending on what you use.

aola said...

I hadn't thought about putting protein powder in it... 2T of the one I use in 25gms of protein, that would be enough.

Thanks, I'll try it.