Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My eating was not so great this weekend. My sister-in-law was in town and we took her to PF Changs. I had a little bit of everything. I think I managed pretty well. I ate mostly the veggies and meat and had a tiny bit of white rice and chow mien. Saturday morning Laurie took me to her favorite breakfast place. They have the best apple walnut coffee cake! It's funny because it's actually a health food restaurant. Sunday I had a few more carbs than normal, but I also went on a four hour canoe trip so I'm fairly certain I burned them off. We stopped at this little ice cream shop on the way back home. It's called Scream'n Mimi's, and they had Rose ice cream! It was amazing. It tasted exactly like I would think a rose would taste. It was made with rose water. It was also an all natural ice cream shop so I felt a little less guilty about having a scoop of Mimi's mudd which had bits of oreo like cookies, peanut butter cups, and fudge brownies.
The walk/running is going great! I've decreased my time by about 5 minutes. :)

4 comments:

R said...

Rose ice cream sounds straight out of fairyland.

aola said...

Ahh... to live somewhere besides Ada Oklahoma...

Sounds like you did great to me!

Kristen said...

Four hours of rowing--wow!

Sandra said...

Becky, the little ice cream shop looked straight out of fairyland. If I ever go again I will take my camera. It was painted all sorts of colors with miss-matched chairs and tables. It was a very charming place.

Aola, You would really love it here.

Kristen, the rowing almost killed me. I only rowed half that because there were two of us. It kicked my butt though!