Monday, July 17, 2006

I've been so bad today! I had toast with plum jelly, a cookie, and half a burrito from Baja. I was almost convinced to just give up when I rememberd that it's about "progress not perfection". I'm going to keep trying until I get it right or die trying. Today is a cardio day and lord help me I will get in the cardio if it kills me! I'm preparing chicken breast for my lunches for the rest of the week so I have no excuse not to have a salad. I'm going to take it with me to work so I don't get to hungry and come home willing to eat anything. That only leads to disaster! I've at least drank only water today and lots of it. I wish my period would start already so I'm not craving chocolate and anything with fat in it.
Is it okay to seperate eggs and store the egg whites in the fridge in a sealed container? I know you can buy them at the store that way, but I'm not sure if they have additives that make it okay to store them like that. I just want them to be ready to go in the morning when I wake up.
My neck and back are killing me today! We had a little too much fun at the lake yesterday. Erin would crawl up on my shoulders while we were in the water and try to jump off, but she never got it right. She almost decapitated me twice.
This week, I want to get in all my workouts and really push myself on my strength training. We now have the dumbbells and the curl bar so I have to excuses.
Kristen, I saw a pull up bar in the store Saturday and thought of you. :) Did you ever get one?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm not sure about the egg whites thing...I would think it would be okay.

I bought one but returned it. I need one that doesn't need to be screwed in to our already flimsy doorjams, but can also support my weight. I do negatives when I go to parks and they have a jungle gym set. I can't do a pull-up yet, but one day...

Sandra said...

Yeah, I'm certain that I couldn't do a pull up even to save my life. :)

I did the BFL 20 minute aerobic workout and it really kicked my butt! Unlike HITT which I still have nightmares about, the BFL version was just tough enough to make it a challenge but not so tough I thought I was going to die. :)

aola said...

Can you guys do push-ups? My guys are sticklers about correct position..in the "correct" position I can only do like one, maybe two...makes me feel so weak.
Sethy pops off 25 at a time, sometimes he puts his feet up on the sofa and does them.. show off.
You ought to see the judo push-ups they have to do... oh, my, gosh.
They lay flat on the floor, spread their legs way out there, lift their elbows into push up position and then push forward and up kind of in a wave motion. killer push ups.
In a regular "warm up" first they stretch, then 50 jumping jacks, 25 regular push ups, 30 banana boats,
10 judo push ups, 30 knife crunches. Then they work out.

Sandra said...

So, what you are saying is that they workout twice? LOL
Push-ups are tough. I can barely push out three. I say stick with the girl push-ups. :)

Kristen said...

Yeah, "boy push-ups" are tough. I'd like to be able to do 10 by the end of the year, but we'll see. Better get busy...