Thursday, July 20, 2006

This week, I've been focusing on controlling the things I feel capable of controlling. My workouts have been at 95-100%. My eating has been at 75%, but I'm okay with that. I'm realizing that it's truly about small steps. Trying to jump into it doesn't work. I drown every time. So, this week I told myself to focus on the workouts and make sure I complete every workout no matter what. As far as eating goes, I added a salad for lunch every day. If I can keep that up, I'll be happy with myself and next week I'll add something else. Perhaps next week I'll focus on those afternoon hours that ruin my good intentions. Yesterday I did manage to say no to Quizno's which I picked up for David and Erin without ordering myself a single thing, and I put back an ice cream that I had every intention of eating. I was about to unwrap it when I talked myself out of it. I just keep telling myself to think about what I really want and how I'm going to get there.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

You are amazing. 90-95% on the workouts and 75% on the eating. One day, I will be there. One day.

You are right. Small steps.

E. Michelle said...

I second Kristen's comments...you are absolutely on the right path.

Sandra said...

Thank you both! I'm trying so hard! Of course, that's this week. We'll see what happens next week. I'm feeling really good about not trying to controll it all and cutting myself some slack. I tend to want to be 100% all the time and if I'm not, I want to give up.
My workout last night was tough tough tough! BFL workouts are hard!

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!