Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The want of it.

How bad do I want to lose weight? Do I want it bad enough to deny myself an after dinner ice cream or bad enough to push myself harder than I ever thought possible in a workout? Last night I wanted it that bad. I pushed myself through my workout groaning the entire time. Not because I enjoy working out, but because I wanted the prize at the end. Sometimes that prize seems so far away that the want of it isn't enough to push me through. I tell myself that these are the times that I need to push even harder because the true test isn't sticking to something when you want to do it, but sticking to it when everything in you would rather sit on the couch and eat cookies.
It's not just with working out and eating right either. Everything in life from eating right to keeping a clean house,
comes down to that extra little bit of sticktoitivness that it takes to accomplish what we set out to do. It's not always easy, but it's always worth it.

3 comments:

aola said...

You inspire me to keep trying..

I've been meaning to tell you how much I like the new picture of you. Your face looks much thinner.

I wake up each morning with the desire to do better but by lunch time it doesn't seem so important anymore and then by bedtime.. I could care less (go ahead and eat that popcorn). But, I keep pushing.

Oh, and I did 5 push ups last night!!!

Kristen said...

You inspire me, too, Sandra. I needed this kick in the butt today.

Sandra said...

You ladies inspire me right back!
Aola, I have the same issue. Idoperfectly from 5 a.m. until 2 p.m. and then I go down hill. Yesterday I was perfect all day and then David brought home burgers after school. What possesd me to eat a burger at 11:30 at night? I was sick all night!!
Kristen, I'll be happy to kick you in the butt any time you need it! :) You've deffinantly given me the kicks I needed along the way.