Thursday, July 13, 2006

You girls need to remember all this stuff I'm telling you about menopause....
(I would tell you talk to me about when you get there but I will have forgotten it all, either that or I'll be dead by then)
because that way in 30 years when you start going thru it, you won't think you are crazy.

You get really hormonal... I mean really. You can't sleep at night, you develop adult ADD and can't concentrate on anything and your poor old body just does weird shit. You'll think for sure you have some horrible disease and must be dying.

Today I feel like a water balloon. I got dressed and looked in the mirror and sheesh... I looked like what PeaceBang describes as stacked meat balls. I had to go change clothes into something really loose. Even my face is swollen, eyes all puffy.

We are really havin' fun now!!

I just be glad when the cramps lighten up a little so I can exercise without excessive pain.

I have a friend who at the end of every email signs it with this:

"Growing old is not for sissies, if you can't do it get out now."

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Because of my job, I hear the horror stories every day! It's nothing I'm looking forward to.
I had a creative writing teacher who was talking to a group of girls in our 20's while she was in her 50's. She said "One morning you wake up and everything has changed places and you have to spend a little time trying to find parts of your body." That one always makes me laugh!

Kristen said...

I keep thinking, Oh, they'll have a "cure" for menopause by the time I get there...Ha! wishful thinking.

Jeanne said...

Girlfriend...I'm with ya. Doesn't help, but I'm with ya.

McMom said...

I am hoping the natural horemone replacemant therapy I wrote about on my blog will help when the time comes. I was having some peri menopause stuff going on , but after loosing almost 20 lbs recently the symptoms have gotten some better.

aola said...

20 lbs!!! Wow! Way to go Cheri.

I think the phytoestrogens that I take really help (plant hormones)
and it really hasn't been too bad compared to some of the stories I've heard... Mark has the hot flashes for me so I don't have to deal with that (seriously).
I've known women who literaly went nuts, left their husbands and kids.. crazy stuff.
I'm pretty much just having to deal with minor stuff. The crazy periods are the worst of it.