Monday, July 31, 2006

get back on that horse

Ok, I am going to really try this week to get back on track with my exercise. I had been doing pretty good, although I know it wasn't enough, until last week. I only worked out once last week.
I'm not sure what happened. I just couldn't make myself do it....

But, starting yesterday, I have renewed my efforts. I waited until almost dark last night and went walking. It was still hot but bearable.
I'm going to walk Tues., Thurs, and Sat.; lift on Mon., Wed., and Friday.
My eating has been ok, not great but ok. I've been eating out too much and that needs to stop.
But, with it this hot we eat really light meals or nothing at all. A lot of salads and yogurt with frozen fruit (ahhh, nice and cool) and tons of water. I just can't seem to drink enough.

I haven't gained any weight but I'm feeling lethargic. I need to get up and move.

The worst part of it is that if it is a normal year here we won't have any relief in this heat for at least another month, probably more.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm going to get back on track with you. David being home, while wonderful, has completely thrown off my routine. I didn't workout last week and we've been eating out too much! I'm going to run on the good'ol treadmill right now. I will run Monday through Friday and lift M,W,F. Except no lifting today. Here's to a "sucking it up" again. :)

aola said...

I'm glad we are in this together!

I wanted to just go get my shower a while ago but I made myself trudge up the stairs and work out.

I felt much better after doing it.

So, that's two days accomplished :)

Sandra said...

I ran on the treadmill. It took me a while to get the motivation, but once I did it I felt great! Like you, I wanted to go take a shower and just be done with my day, but I told myself "20 minutes that's all you've got to do." It felt so good, I'm looking forward to my run today.

Kristen said...

I need to get back on track, too.

Sandra said...

You can do it Kristen! Start with us! :)

Kristen said...

I want to, Sandra. I'm depressed about my job, not having kids, and my cousin dying. I'm turning to food like never before. Plus, I'm just feeling like...pardon my french...I don't give a shit. Sigh. Gotta get over this, in time.

aola said...

Day three - done.

I walked late again, about 9:00. It is still hot, probably 95 but at least the sun isn't beating down on me.

Came back by the pool, stripped down and dove in.

Swam about 30 minutes.

Tomorrow I lift.

aola said...

forgot to lift Wed. night.. couldn't believe it, just flat forgot until I was in the shower.
So, I did it this morning.

Will walk tonight after martial arts class.