Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One day down, 83 to go.

I survived my first day of Body For Life fairly easily. The eating plan is much more simple than counting calories. I am going to take your recommendation Kristen, and count the calories one day to make sure I'm eating enough. My diet looked like this:

6 a.m. 1/2 cup Oatmeal with cinnamon and splenda
1/2 cup egg whites with salsa
1 glass of water

9 a.m. 1 apple
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 glasses of water

12 p.m. Protein shake with 8 oz skim milk (I really can't stand the shake made with water.)
1 glass of water

2 p.m. 1 whole wheat pita
1 portion of grilled chicken
2 tbsp salsa
1 glass of water

5 p.m. 3 California rolls (this was my only slip up because these were made with white rice.)

8:30 pm. 1 portion tilapia
1 portion brown rice
1 portion peas
1 slice flaxseed bread
2 glasses of water

All in all it was an okay day. I needed to add another vegetable in there, but my eating plan was thrown a little off track when I had to do 3 hours of extra work for David. I was really craving sugar around 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., but I managed to ignore the craving.
I wasn't able to get in a cardio work out because of the extra time working for David. I had planned to workout at 6p.m.

Today, I am lifting as soon as I get home at 2. My diet should look about the same minus the California rolls and adding some veggies.

My goals during this 12 weeks are to:

1. Lose 20 bls of body fat
2. Fit into one size smaller jeans
3. Increase my strength and cardio ability.

To reach these I will:

1. Stay on my meal plan.
2. Go to bed by 10 each night.
3. Push myself outside of my comfort zone.

I managed to be in bed by 10 last night and it felt good to know I was giving my body the rest it need.
As always, if you have any comments suggestions, they are more than welcome! I plan on posting once each day during this 84 days. It will help keep me in line.

Oh yeah, I am already dreaming about Sunday (free day) when I can have some ice cream!! :)

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, you are doing great. Way to go, girl!

BTW, ain't nothing wrong with milk as long as you aren't lactose intolerant. It's especially good as post-workout since it has a good dose of both protein and carbs.

Jeanne said...

Sandra, I really liked the BFL eating plan. I lost weight doing it.

aola said...

Sounds like a plan to me.

How did the calories add up? because it doesn't look like very much food to me.

I use soy milk in my shakes since I am lactose intolerent and have been trying to increase my soy proteins.

My eating has been really up and down lately. I felt bad all last week and just didn't feel like eating much. With my stomach all screwed up I can hardly make myself take my vitamins. It's not been a good couple of weeks for my health.

Kristen said...

What's going on, A?

aola said...

I guess I had some sort of bug. Several people that I have talked to from here have had it. I just felt like crap all week, stomach cramps and diaherra. Not sick enough to go to bed but too sick to feel like doing anything. I was just starting to get over it and feeling a little better when I started my period.....
they have been all screwed up for the last several months (perimenopausal junk)one month it lasted for 12 days, the next month it was only 3 days long and that was just 2-1/2 weeks ago...

"getting old ain't for sissies"

Jeanne said...

I feel ya, A. Definitely NOT for sissies.

Sandra said...

The calories added up better than I thought. All totaled it was 1550 calories. I think that is right where I need to be to lose weight.
Kristen, it's good to know it's okay to use milk. In the book he says to use water. When I take it with water it just tastes like chocolate water. Not very apatizing.
Thanks for the support ladies!
A, I hope you feel better soon.

Kristen said...

Yeah, people will debate milk until...well, until the cows come home. LOL

Sorry, you feel sucky, Aola.