Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am wondering if it's a good idea to rest a day in between runs. Monday we went to the lake and I ran the trails there. Tuesday I ran on the treadmill. Yesterday I ran again, but wasn't able to go nearly as long before the burning calf muscles started in. I took today off. I bought some new running shoes, but they need to be broken in. I have been doing all my stretching and trying to add another stretch session in durring the middle of the day because I sit at a desk all day now. It's really frustrating to feel like I could keep going forever but be stopped the horrendous burning in my calf muscles. Maybe I am just running wrong?!?

2 comments:

R said...

Yes, honey take a break. Every other day is plenty. I still need to get you that deep calf stretch. It feels so good.

Sandra said...

Haha your comment reminded me of David when I go house cleaning crazy. He just says "you know you can take a break." as if I'm on full speed all the time and forget that it's my choice. I will start running every other day. Can't wait for that calf stretch. :)
Thanks Becky!