Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Question

It is so freakin' hot here I can hardly make myself cook or eat for that matter. Like today all I have had is a blueberry muffin (homemade with all good stuff) and I just don't want any more.

My question is... will I damage what little muscle I've managed to work up over the last 6 months by continuing to work out and not eat enough??

I'm not working out very hard, a 20 minute walk 3 days a week, about 20 minutes of lifting weights 3 days a week.

What do you think?

p.s.
I usually eat a pretty good supper, trying to make sure we all get plenty of protein.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Well, it's hard to retain muscle in a calorie deficit, that's for sure. Eating a good amount of protein (rule is 1 gm/pound of lean body mass or even 1 gm per total weight) will be muscle sparing and so will lifting weights. You may find you lose strength and muscle if you continue to eat very little. Does that make sense?

R said...

well, just surviving the heat might be the objective for a while.

Sandra said...

Do what you must to survive in that heat! :)